Thursday, September 13, 2012

Blog Interview with Chelsia Ng

Congrats on your new single. I love the animation along with the song and your voice - its like a marriage made in heaven. And since I do know you during high school, I personally felt the video arrangement speaks of your personality, bright and bubbly :) Thanks so much for making time for me and all my readers! 

* Can you tell the viewers more about how you wrote the song I'm Sorry? A story behind the song?

 This song is for anyone who has ever been wronged. For anyone who has ever been laughed at because 
of their own beliefs. For all who have been victims of snap judgements. This one's for you :)I wrote this song after feeling very upset and disappointed in myself for telling someone off for being 
rude, mean and judgmental. And so the first line goes... "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to be rude to you but 
you shouldn't have said those things you did..."
I am calling it the 'unapologetic 'sorry' song'.
You'd have to listen to the song to know what I mean. I don't wanna give to much away :)

My MV was produced by Yuri and shot and made by the boys (Yuri Wong, Gavin Gooi, Nick Davis) at The Factory 
Music Studio (http://www.thefactory.com.my/). My awesome boys! They did such a wonderful job. 
Made it special. Made it unique. I love every bit about it. I wanted something unique which involves 
different skills, craft and technique. It also gave the boys a great big creative playground to work in. We 
had heaps of fun creating this whole new paper fantasy world. 
The video is also special because it is Malaysia's first live action paper-craft music video. Everything was 
prepared and made by hand and without any visual effects. 
As for the 'Stars' in the video, you would be pleasantly surprised to see quite a few familiar 'faces'. 
'I'm Sorry' will be premiering on my YouTube channel http://www.youtube.com/ChelsiaNgMusic on 
Saturday June 30, 2012. 
I will also be making it available on the newly launched iTunes Malaysia! 

* What kind of songs would you like to sing in future in terms of genre?

I would like to sing more of a mix genre. I love all kinds of music and I suppose that's why my songs are a little quirky. Mixing live horns with electronic sounds.  


Just to get to know you as a singer abit more- 

*Who or what inspired you to start on this journey in singing? And why?

I've always loved singing. It's something I've always wanted to come back to.

*What do you see yourself or expect to see in  5 years as a singer?
I see myself with 2 hit albums under my belt with multiple critically acclaimed awards! 
And multiple sold out live performances too :)

*What is your worst or best memory in any history of your singing (before becoming a singer or during the time as a singer?

Best memory is of my performance at the welcoming dinner of the 50th Asia Pacific Film Festival in 2006. 
*What can you tell the younger generation about going after one's dream?

Always have faith that with determination, hard work and a deep passion for your Dream, it will eventually come true. Don't stop believing! 
*What would you like to say to your fans right now?

I would like to say a great big Thank you to everyone who has believed in me and who has supported me and wishes me well all these years. I would not have had the strength to persevere if it weren't for all of you. 

No comments :

Related Posts

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...